Friday 1 February 2008

Resolutions II

Managed to write another entry within a week - these resolutions must be working!

Anyone reading this blog must think that I am obsessed with goals, plans and purposes when in fact I'm just far too 'floaty'. Without a tangible framework to guide and motivate me, I tend to drift aimlessly feeling an underlying guilt for some unknown path I could and should be taking. So let me be my little anal self...


  1. Continue to widen my social circles. Normally very good at this but definitely far less opportunity for meeting a range of people where I live. Easy to continually hang out with the same people similar to your own background, culture and interests. Always loved that Anais Nin quote "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born", which best encapsulates that notion that each new friends awakens something different inside you.
  2. Trust my instincts. I think I have built up enough life experience at this stage to trust the nagging impulses that urge me to act. I have often suppressed these telling signs to suit other people around me or whatever conventions a social situation may dictate. This could mean chatting to someone while you wait for a bus/ lift. I don't think I've ever regretted a few idle words with a stranger, but have often regretted not speaking to someone. Telling the truth more ( i.e. less white lies, being more direct). I've sometimes been picky with the truth to suit myself or others. Shielding the truth from people, and oneself, generally leads to a pickle of some sort later on.

No comments: