Tuesday 12 February 2008

Clubbing - Turnmills, London

Made my maiden voyage to this famous, London club last week. What a place! A vast labyrinth of rooms spread over 2 floors(I think) that provided room after room of house music. To be honest, I was no more able to navigate the venue after 6 hours hours there than when I arrived. The crowd were generally friendly with the usual London mix of nationalities, although the majority seemed to be white and in their mid/late 20s. The tunes were provided by Smartie Partie on the night with some serious cheese thrown in at different stages with a remix of Toca Me by Fragma (big hit in Summer of '99) getting an early airing.


By the end of the night, I had well and truly embraced the cheese though which definitely helped buoy the crowd as the night pushed into morning. Particularly loved a reworking of an old house classic, shown here from Melbourne.


Overall, a great night - no queues for drinks, jackets, toilets - and even though they were closing off rooms at 630am a few more were still rocking. London is seriously pricey place but I always have a great night there. So glad I got to see Turnmills before it closes down for good in a few weeks.

No comments: