My focus also deviates quite considerably every so often and needs some determined realigning. So, have decided to recalibrate things a little. Many of these are only coming to mind as I type, so are in no particular order.
- Weekly blog entries. The classic blogger new year aspiration, but shouldn't be too hard.Should it?
- Sharpen up the ol' French and Spanish. Strange how I am so much more comfortable speaking Spanish than French, despite having learned it for 8 years less.
- Think long-term. Happy the way things are panning out at the moment, but need to consider what is the best means of achieving my ultimate goal in life - to travel. Perpetual Travel. Korean people often have a 5 year plan. 6 months is usually my max, but have to realistically look ahead to carve out the life I truly want.
- Learn to enjoy sober social situations a bit more. Have become better at this but reckon I can't manage much longer than a sober 3 hours at the moment in a pub/nightclub situation without getting tired, bored or boring.
- Choose when to drink. Have had too many drunken nights and hungover days for no apparent reason apart from the fact it was Saturday/ a birthday / a party etc. Don't feel guilty anymore when I have a big night as I generally choose the night and make sure it's just a small part of a great night. Just want to ensure that I maintain that sense of control and avoid situations where it is the focal point of the night.